Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 2 and 3 "Clutter-Free Classroom Project"

Clutter-Free Classroom Project. Week 2 was all about making a plan before you buy those wonderful containers, and colorful baskets.  I knew that I was going to have two workdays and some time to tackle my room, but it was going to be after week 2 came and went.  So I started thinking, what is it that I want to do with my trouble spots? I know that I want them to be organized, easily accessibly , not cluttered, and I want my room to be inviting.  I don't do a theme, but I do use color and a few touches of "paw" prints- Our school mascot is the "Bulldogs." One of things that I've been doing since the end of the last school year was to empty my file cabinets. Get rid of all the extra copies and only keep one copy of something. I'm also working on making the paper copy an electronic copy, and that is ongoing.
I went into school on Friday- workday one and worked on my cabinets.

My cabinet doors open- I have a little more to purge on these.  The book case holds my task cards and Homeworkopoly items.

I've taken all the symbols and definitions down and will be using them on my bulletin board.

Organized my teaching books, books to read aloud that pertain to math topics, and in the target bag- my cheap koosh like balls. 

This cabinet has the current smaller notebooks that I use.




Week 3

Is all about purging.  I've been doing this for a while.  I had so many bulletin board materials that I couldn't and wasn't going to use that I gave it to my former elementary school. Workday 2- today was purging, cleaning, and getting rid of things.

Here are the picks of me purging my desk items.








Here is the trash I'm starting to build up.
This is my bottom drawer.  Bean Bags are on top for a game I haven't made yet.

Second drawer.
Top drawer.
 I worked hard today to get these cleaned out and I know I have more to do, but I think it is a great start!

The final trash bag after cleaning the drawers of my desk.

 More purging to go!  I have to do an inventory of my materials still.  I think that was a wonderful tip, but then again she has lots and lots!




















No comments:

Post a Comment