Sunday, February 26, 2012

Quick Scientific Notation Cards

Here is a quick way to practice Scientific Notation with cards.  I'm going to copy them onto colored paper or card stock. Then I will cut them out and then laminate them with my wonderful Scott Laminator.

I have a small white mailbox in my room. You can click on the mailbox link to see it. I got mine from Oriental Trading. I have my students write me notes about things they need help with, want more practice, or if they need a change in their seating due to a problem with another student. Each note is addressed quietly and without "ratting" out the student.

Hence, the reason I'm doing this. I had a student who asked for more help with Scientific Notation and I wanted something quick to use. I'm hoping if they work with a partner then it won't take more than 10 minutes. 

I made 2 sheets so if can be done another day in the week to re-enforce that practice. I hope you find this useful and helpful.

3 comments:

  1. what is scientific notation
    Scientific Notation include in the mathematics course. In the world of science some time we deal with numbers which are very small and those which are very large. In some branches of science large numbers while in others very small numbers are used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is scientific notation
    Scientific Notation include in the mathematics course. In the world of science some time we deal with numbers which are very small and those which are very large. In some branches of science large numbers while in others very small numbers are used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is scientific notation
    Scientific Notation include in the mathematics course. In the world of science some time we deal with numbers which are very small and those which are very large. In some branches of science large numbers while in others very small numbers are used.

    ReplyDelete