Sunday, February 26, 2012

Quick Scientific Notation Cards

Here is a quick way to practice Scientific Notation with cards.  I'm going to copy them onto colored paper or card stock. Then I will cut them out and then laminate them with my wonderful Scott Laminator.

I have a small white mailbox in my room. You can click on the mailbox link to see it. I got mine from Oriental Trading. I have my students write me notes about things they need help with, want more practice, or if they need a change in their seating due to a problem with another student. Each note is addressed quietly and without "ratting" out the student.

Hence, the reason I'm doing this. I had a student who asked for more help with Scientific Notation and I wanted something quick to use. I'm hoping if they work with a partner then it won't take more than 10 minutes. 

I made 2 sheets so if can be done another day in the week to re-enforce that practice. I hope you find this useful and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment