Thursday, December 29, 2011

Weekly Teacher Tip #2



While You Were Out Sheet

One of the tools that has helped me, my students, and parents is a "While You Were Out" sheet.  I try to list everything that I might do in my class and make it as easy to fill out as possible.  Some teachers on the web would allow a student to fill them out and attach papers given out for that day. I need to give up that control, but haven't yet.  It is also a working document and can be revamped at any time. I'm into making less and less copies, so I have put two to a page.  Use bright colored paper so they are easy to spot. Have a general location in your room that doesn't change for them to always check and get their work when they come back from being absent. 

Click here to get a copy- "While You Were Out

No comments:

Post a Comment