Monday, November 28, 2011

Weekly Teacher Tip #1

Teacher Tip #1

 
Use a system to collect your papers.  I've been teaching for over 18 years and I use a mail sorter that I call a mailbox.   I use three sections for "In" -papers that come in to be graded, and three sections for "out" -where papers are to be given back to students.  This system has worked for me even when I had a homeroom and used all 20+ sections. I used numbers on each section instead of kids names to sort papers to go home weekly to parents. I team taught with another teacher and we had 2 classes and over 40 students. We kept up with papers from all subjects and even papers from the office. When papers were graded and recorded or the office gave us papers to go home we used a basket to hold the materials until they got sorted by the students or parent volunteers would sort the papers.

 
I have two clips that I've attached to the top to indicated "IN" and "OUT." On the sides I have put clips with the words CORE 1, 2, 3 on each slot which indicates the classes that I teach (3).

I love this system.  It works for me.  What works for you?  


No comments:

Post a Comment